Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter Hibernation

See?? I cursed myself with that last blog post, saying that I was getting into the swing of things and updating regularly. Oh well, even though it's been over a month since my last post, I'm here again!

These dreary, cold winter days really do a number on me. I become such a recluse and hibernate until the spring comes. Seasonal Affective Disorder? Maybe, or maybe it's just that it's too damn cold to get out from underneath my warm blankets and my snuggling kitty. I know she's just using my for the body heat, but I'll take what I can get from my usually stand off-ish kitty.

I'm trying to fight off the duldrums though. Finding new and fun things to go out and do around town helps me get out on the weekends, and derby practice helps get me out of the house in the evenings...at least on Monday and Thursday nights!

Speaking of derby. Things are slowly progressing. I was practicing my t-stops in my little kitchen last night. It's the only area that's not carpeted, so while I watched some stupid show on TV I skated back and forth trying out my stops on both legs. My right leg stop is going pretty well, but the left leg is giving me the worst time! It's also a problem with my crossovers. I think I may just hack it off and become the first ever 1-legged derby skater! We also did some hopping/jumping practice on Monday. Scary!!

In other news, I recently celebrated my 30th (yikes!) birthday with some friends at the local burrito place, Bombers. On you birthday you get a huge margarita, so that's what I got. Check out the pictures below!























No comments: