Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Well, here we are. New year, new decade and all that jazz. I had a pretty rough 2009, so I am determined to make the best out of 2010. No more sitting at home feeling sorry for myself. No more pining away for lost love. No more living in the land of "what ifs" and "well, if I had done this...". None of that. Get on with life!!

I thought I was going to spend New Year's alone, but then my friend chatted with me on facebook and invited me to a cheap party up in Saratoga. It was really fun and I actually ended up seeing one of my fellow derby fresh meat girls there!! Kangaroo Meat Skewer was there with her girlfriend and a bunch of other friends. How funny is that?! So, we all rang in the New Year together, and even though I didnt' get my New Year's kiss, it was alright.

The next day, I went down to NYC to reprise my role as Yitzhak in my Hedwig shadowcast troupe, The Midnight Checkout Queens. If you don't know what a shadowcast is, it's where you act out the movie in front of the screen, a la Rocky Horror. We were performing at the Brooklyn Museum which meant hauling all of our stuff out there, which was quite the adventure. It was a lot of fun though, we hadn't done the show in over 2 years so it was really nice to see everyone again.

So far, I'm doing a pretty good job updating this thing on a regular basis. *knock on wood* Ofcourse, now that I've said that, it'll probably be a year and a half until I update again!! hehehe Until next time, blogosphere.

No comments: